Well, I made part of a hat pattern, based on the TV hat pattern. I was going to have to change the pattern anyway because the front of the hat was too narrow for my big head, apparently, even with the hat tilted forward. So I thought, in my ambitiousness, why don’t I alter it some more? So I took the TV hat pattern as a basis for the crown, altered it so the bottom arched upwards on the sides, and used an oval brim instead of the brim for the original pattern. I wanted something a little different than the hat I already made but simple enough that I could do it with not that much skill. Then I saw this fashion plate (the hat in the middle) and thought it would be doable.
So this is my interpretation of that, but with a short crown, since the larger one (the regular crown) just looked silly on me. If I think that crown looks weird, I don’t know what I’m going to think of myself wearing a skyscraper of a hat for a late bustle dress!
One side is different than the other because I was playing around with the curvature of the crown, so it’s a bit lopsided in the front. Man, making a hat pattern, even from an existing one, is a pain. I’m going to have to do it again eventually, especially for my zodiac dresses, but hopefully I’ll have a better library of hat patterns to work with by then.
I may at least cut out the brim and start sewing on the wire while I’m at the beauty shop tomorrow. Which reminds me that I need to start playing around with my hair switches to figure out what I’m going to do with them.
Oh, and here’s a quick picture of my skirt and overkirt that I took before above stuff was finished and I did a trial run of the bustling in the back. I just look at that picture and it feels heavy...
That's all for now! Hopefully I'll have an almost completed bodice and corset to show you by next week!